To LRI έχει πολλά αποτελέσματα σχετικά με την πράσινη χημεία και χημική μηχανική, την...
The Natural Resources and Renewable Energies Laboratory (NRRE) is one of the founding research units of CPERI, operating under the direction of Prof. Anastasios J. Karabelas since 1985. NRRE has been closely collaborating, since its establishment, with the Chemical Engineering Department at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. At NRRE, applied and basic research are carried out on physical-chemical processes, toward the development of technological solutions for water treatment and pollution abatement, energy conservation, utilization of renewable energy and other natural resources. Emphasis is placed on assisting the Greek and European economy through the development of expertise, collaboration with world leading scientific/technical organizations, personnel training and specialized services to the industry at international scale. Technological Targets
- Membrane-based desalination, water purification, wastewater treatment and reuse
- Novel processes for a broad spectrum of industrial separations
- Advanced Oxidation Processes (Photocatalytic, Fenton, etc.) for water purification
- Integrated processing and valorization of agro-industrial by-products
- Methods of utilization of renewable energies; geothermal and solar energy
- Methods for production of renewable fuels (biogas, bioethanol)
- Multi-phase process design; separation equipment, packed beds, heat exchangers
The poster entitled “Monitoring the membrane scaling propensity of retentate in reverse osmosis desalination plants” by....