LIM is located at the A! Sector of the buildings of the Technological Park of Thessaloniki and its facilities occupy a total area of about 250 square meters.
The short history of the laboratory is being compensated by the large scientific experience of its researchers in topics of applied scientific research towards the development of technological innovations, very often, with economic success.
As indicated in the first page LIM positions itself at the interface between materials science, synthesis process engineering and application design aiming towards an integrated and multidisciplinary approach which is believed to be the most promising way to innovative industrial developments.
LIM is focusing its research and development activities mainly on ceramic materials and in the areas of:
- functional ceramics (electronic and telecommunication ceramic materials, catalysts)
- structural ceramics (defined micro- and nano-porous structures such as inorganic membranes)
Besides the synthesis and experiment oriented activities LIM considers important for it’s capabilities and is developing ‘horizontal’ activity concerning theoretical simulations of amorphous or polycrystalline microstructures aiming towards a better understanding of the various physicochemical (transport) processes taking place inside the microstructure and an a-priori behavior prediction.
The Institute’s Laboratory of Inorganic Materials has successfully completed the technology transfer and industrialization activities of research results concerning the development materials for electromagnetic energy adsorption. Though the new laboratory’s spin-off Fields the following tile series are today available building materials for electromagnetic protection.
for adsorption from low frequency sources usually present in the electricity transmission and distribution network (i.e. high voltage transmission lines, power stations etc.)
for adsorption from high frequency sources usually present in the mobile telecommunication network.
for specialty applications at extremely high frequencies up to 90 GHz. -In addition Fields offers an electromagnetic measurement service for electric and magnetic field intensity evaluations upon request at indicated places.
Areas of Research & Development
The research infrastructure of the laboratory in it’s two basic research directions is such that allows the independent conduction of applied scientific research not only in material synthesis and characterization but also in application testing of prototype devices made by the materials under investigation.
- Research Direction A: Ceramic Membranes
- Research Direction B: Electronic Ceramics:
- Research Direction C: Characterization
Besides classical instrumentation and glassware for membrane synthesis the laboratory possesses controlled climate chambers for the reproducible synthesis of the sensitive nanoporous or microporous structures, a complete gas separation unit with gas chromatography as well as two pilot-scale units for liquid treatment membrane experiments.
Automatized gas separation unit with GC
Liquid treatment pilot-scale unit
Large surface tubular membrane samples
Liquid treatment pilot-scale unit as examples for the membrane research infrastructure.
A so-called “powder technology lab” in the laboratory provides all necessary processing equipment (mixing, firing, milling, granulating) for the synthesis of polycrystalline electronic ceramics. Perhaps the most sophisticated equipment is the computer controllable furnaces able to fire under programmable partial pressures of oxygen for the manufacturing of tailor made defect structures on oxygen vacancies. For the electromagnetic evaluation of samples small prototype capacitive or inductive components are measured in a tailor made unit consisting of amplifiers, oscilloscope, LCR meter and frequency generator, as a function of temperature and alternating current frequency in a specially constructed temperature chamber.
For the catalytic testing of oxygen deficient materials in the water decomposition reaction an experimental unit equipped with a mass spectrometer is available.
The laboratory possesses its own instrumentation for several general materials characterization techniques such as dilatometry, theoretical density, optical microscopy, rheological properties etc. However it has direct access to all horizontal institute’s instrumentation that is located to the laboratory of analysis and characterization of solids which is also at the same location. Those include almost all conventional techniques such as chemical analysis (e.g. ICP), thermal analysis (e.g. TGA/DSC) or structural analysis techniques (XRD), particle size analysis, nitrogen porosimetry and some quite advanced techniques such as scanning or high resolution transmission electron microscopy, both equipped with energy dispersive analysis of X-rays for local chemical analysis purposes.
Associate Scientist, Chemical Engineer, PhD
(+30) 2310 498254
Collaborating Faculty Members
Professor, Chemical Engineering Dept., AUTH
(+30) 2310 498116
Professor, Chemical Engineering Dept., AUTH
(+30) 2310 498115
Chemical Engineer, MSc
(+30) 2310 498145
Chemical Engineer, MSc
(+30) 2310 498114
Chemical Engineer, MSc
(+30) 2310 498250
(+30) 2310 498419
(+30) 2310 498254
Collaborating Researchers / PhD
Physicist, MSc, PhD
(+30) 2310 498419
(+30) 2310 498109, (+30) 2310 498116
Administrative And Technical Staff
Chemical Engineer, PhD
(+30) 2310 498288
Το εργαστήριο για την επιτυχή διεκπεραίωση των ερευνητικών του υποχρεώσεων διαθέτει πλούσιο εξοπλισμό που το καθιστά σαν ένα από τα πιο εξοπλισμένα εργαστήρια ανόργανων υλικών στον Ελλαδικό χώρο. Το εργαστήριο διαθέτει:
Among the available equipment are included:
- Rotary blade dry mixing machines
- Powder ball milling equipment at variable milling intensities
- Air or infrared drying devices for the drying of powder suspensions
- Powder de-aggregating and crashing devices
- Roll granulation devices for the manufacturing of granulated powders with good rheological properties (i.e. good press matrix filling properties)
- Pelletising machines for the manufacturing of relatively dense pellets (flakes) from powder mixtures.
- Sieving set for morphological classification of pellets or granules.
- Compaction equipment at pressures up to 1000 kg/cm 2 for the manufacturing of various simple geometry samples (i.e. cylindrical, rectangular or toroidal shapes).
- Prefiring furnaces for prefiring of solid mixtures up to 1100o C under ambient or nitrogen atmospheres.
Fully computerized and programmable sintering furnaces at temperatures up to 1400o C able to execute firings under programmable conditions of temperature and partial pressure of oxygen.
- Scanning electron microscopy (equipped with energy dispersive analysis of X-rays for local quantitative analyses and with software for digital processing of the received images)
- High resolution transmission electron microscope (equipped with energy dispersive analysis of X-rays for local quantitative analyses)
- Instrumentation for chemical analysis by spectroscopic methods
- Particle size distribution measuring equipment by laser scattering (able to accept dry as well as dispersed solids).
- X-ray diffraction device for structure identification or crystal lattice dimension determination.
- Thermal gravimetric and differential thermal calorimetric analysis techniques
- Temperature programmed reduction/oxidation techniques where the quantitative analysis is being done with a quadruple mass spectrometer. Instrumentation for mechanical property measurements of solid compacts.
- Specific resistivity as a function of frequency (up to 3Μ Hz) and temperature, between -20 and 300o C.
- Real and imaginary parts (therefore also phase angle dielectric losses) of the relative dielectric constant as a function of frequency and temperature.
- Real and imaginary parts (therefore also phase angle magnetic losses) of relative magnetic permeability.
- Hysteresis loops up to saturation (i.e. high power) for electromagnetic substances as a function of frequency and temperature.
- Complex resistivity (impedance) as a function of frequency and temperature.
- Measurement of the Curie or Neel temperature of electronic materials.
- Transient measurements for detection of initial variations of electromagnetic properties as a function of time.
- Piezoelectric constant of materials as a function of temperature
- Power loss of magnetic materials at a wide range of induction levels, frequencies and temperatures.
- Colloidal stabilized dispersions of nanosized particles
- Coating techniques for inorganic membrane formation on rigid porous substrates.
- Autoclave for hydrothermal syntheses of nanosized powders.
Θεωρητική προσομοίωση δομής υλικών
Το εργαστήριο διαθέτει ένα ευρύ φάσμα λογισμικών εργαλείων θεωρητικής με δυνατότητες τρισδιάστατης προσομοίωσης δομής υλικών (αρκετά από τα οποία δεν διατίθενται εμπορικά), τα οποία επιτρέπουν ακριβείς αναπαραστάσεις δομών άμορφων ή πολυκρυσταλλικών υλικών.
Current Research Projects
|Methods for in-situ ncharacterizationanopore||163,000||2004-2008|
|Hydrogen Production Technologies||65,000||2003-2006|
|Development of Catalysts for Solar Water Dissociat.||240,000||2002-2005|
|Development of Simulation Models||151,250||2002-2005|
|Development of Ceramic Membranes||180,000||2001-2004|
|Ενίσχυση Εργαστηρίου Ανόργανων Υλικών||500,000||2003-2006|
|Development of new high frequency magnetic materials||400,000||2005-2007|
|Development of telecom magnetic materials||400,000||2003-2006|
|Development of new magnetic materials||500,000||2001-2003|
The laboratory in principle provides all it’s equipment and instrumentation for measurement services to the national or international industry. However the majority of services provided by the laboratory do not concern the execution of certain types of measurements to specified samples. Instead the laboratory is confronted by external customers with questions the answering of which requires to a certain extend the execution of research. In that sense the laboratory executes service in the form of research. Below a list of services provided by the laboratory to external customers.
|EXTERNAL CUSTOMER||SERVICE REQUIRED|
|HispanoFerritas-Spain||Product failure causes identification|
|Ferroxcube-the Netherlands||Benchmarking and competitor material analysis and evaluation|
|FerPol-Poland||Method development for unit operation and process control|
|Filippoloulos-Greece||Evaluation of membrane processes for BOD reduction in olive oil refineries below the specified limit for biological treatment acceptance|
|Municipality of N.Efkarpia-Greece||Evaluation of atmospheric pollution around the community|
|Siemens-Greece||Accelerated life time test methods in telecom modules|
|Core Consulting-Germany||Evaluation of nanoparticles prepared by different methods|
|Thyssen Krupp Stahl-Germany||Evaluation of membrane process for upgrading liquid waste streams|
|Institute of Materials, Demokritus-Greece||Preparation of spinel ferrite targets for gas phase deposition|
|Universiy of Ioannina-Greece||Testing of the catalytic activity of various perovskite materials|
LIM offers services and collaborates with several academic institutions or industrial enterprises such as:
- University of Delft – The Netherlands
- University of Krakow – Poland
- University of Montpellier – France
- Demokritos – Greece
- Hispanoferritas – Spain
- Ferroxcube – The Netherlands
- Pro Core Management – Germany\
- Thyssen Krupp Stahl – Germany
- Filippopoulos – Greece
- Repsol – Spain
- DLR – Germany
- V. L. Yfanti, E.S. Vasiliadou, S. Sklari, A.A. Lemonidou, "Hydrodeoxygenation of glycerol with in situ H2 formation over Pt catalysts supported on Fe modified Al2O3: effect of Fe loading", Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 92(9), 2236-2245, 2017
- Z. Vryzas, V. C. Kelessidis, L. Nalbantian, V. Zaspalis, D. I. Gerogiorgis, Y. Wubulikasimu, "Effect of temperature on the rheological properties of neat aqueous Wyoming sodium bentonite dispersions", Applied Clay Science 126, 26-36, 2017
- C. Beatrice, V. Tsakaloudi, S. Dobak, V. Zaspalis, F. Fiorillo, "Magnetic Losses versus sintering treatment in Mn-Zn Ferrites", J. Magn. Magn. Mat. 429, 129-137, 2017
- L. Nalbandian, A. Evdou, V.T. Zaspalis, "Industrial waste minerals and naturally occurring minerals as inexpensive oxygen carriers for chemical looping combustion", Intern. J. Global Warming 13(3,4), 353, 2017
- I. Teknetzi , P. Nessi, V. Zaspalis, L. Nalbandian, "Ni-ferrite with structural stability for solar thermochemical H2O/CO2 splitting", Intern. J. Hydrogen Energy (42, 26231_242, 2017
- E. Ksepko, P. Babiński, L. Nalbandian, "The redox reaction kinetics of Sinai ore for chemical looping combustion applications", Applied Energy, 190, 1258-1274, 2017
- M. Mitov, E. Chorbadzhiyska, L. Nalbandian, Y. Hubenova, "Nickel-based electrodeposits as potential cathode catalysts for hydrogen production by microbial electrolysis", Journal of Power Sources, 356, 467-472, 2017
- G. Pantoleontos, T. Theodoridis, M. Mavroudi, E.S. Kikkinides, S.P. Kaldis, A.E. Pagana, A.E., "Modelling, simulation, and membrane wetting estimation in gas-liquid contacting processes", Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 95(7), 1352-1363, 2017
- A. Evdou, V. Zaspalis, L. Nalbandian, "Ferrites as RedOx Catalysts for Chemical Looping Processes", Fuel 165, 367-378, 2016
- L. Νalbandian, E. Patrikidou, V. Zaspalis, A. Patrikidou, E. Hatzidaki, C. Papandreou, "Magnetic Nanoparticles in Medical Diagnostic Applications: Synthesis, Characterization and Proteins Conjugation", Current nanoscience 2016, 12
- K. V. Plakas, S. D. Sklari, D. A. Yiankakis, G. T. Sideropoulos, V. T. Zaspalis, A. J. Karabelas, "Removal of organic micropollutants from drinking water by a novel electro-Fenton filter: Pilot-scale studies", Water Research 91, 183-194, 2016
- G. Kogias, V.T. Zaspalis, "Temperature stable MnZn ferrites for applications in the frequency region of 500 kHz", Ceramics International, 2016
- A. Evdou, V. Zaspalis, L. Nalbandian, "Experimental Study of Fe-Mn minerals as low cost oxygen carriers in chemical looping combustion processes", WSEAS Trans. on environ. and Devel., 12, 20-26, 2016
- C.A. Stergiou, V. Zaspalis, "Impact of ferrite shield properties on the low power inductive power transfer", IEEE Tans. On Magn. 52(8), 8401609, 2016
- Ksepko, E., Babinski, P., Evdou, A., Nalbandian, L., "Studies on the redox reaction kinetics of selected, naturally occurring oxygen carrier", Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 124(1), pp. 137-150
- Mitov, M., Chorbadzhiyska, E., Nalbandian, L., Hubenova, Y., "Nickel-based electrodeposits as potential cathode catalysts for hydrogen production by microbial electrolysis", Journal of Power Sources (In Press)
- S. Bezergianni, V. Dagonikou, S. Sklari, "The suspending role of H2O and CO on catalytic hydrotreatment of gas-oil; Myth or reality?", Fuel Processing Technology, 144 (2016) 20-26
- D. Koutsonikolas, G. Pantoleontos, M. Mavroudi, E.S. Kikkinides, D. Konstandinidis, "Pilot tests of CO2 capture in brick producing industry using gas-liquid contact membranes", Int. J. of Energy and Environ. Engineering, 7(1), 61-68, 2016
- G. N. Nikolaidis, E.S. Kikkinidis, M.C. Georgiadis, "Model-Based Approach for the Evaluation of Materials and Processes for Post-Combustion Carbon Dioxide Capture from Flue Gas by PSA/VSA Processes", Ind. and Engin. Chem. Res. 55(3), 635-646, 2016
- A. Stergiou, V. Zaspalis, "The role of prefiring in the development of Mn–Zn spinel ferrites for inductive power transfer", Ceramics International 41, 4798-4804, 2015
- K. Stylianou, S. D. Sklari, D. Zamboulis, V. T. Zaspalis, "Development of bubble-less ozonation and membrane filtration process for the treatment of contaminated water", Journal of Membrane Science, 492, 40-47, 2015
- Sklari, A. Pagana, L. Nalbandian, V. Zaspalis, "Ceramic Membrane Materials and Process for the Removal of As(III)/As(V) ions from water", Journal of Water Process Engineering, 5, 42-47, 2015
- Sklari, K. Plakas, P. Petsi, V. Zaspalis, A. Karabelas, "Toward the Development of a Novel Electro-Fenton System for Eliminating Toxic Organic Substances from Water. Part 2. Preparation, Characterization, and Evaluation of Iron-Impregnated Carbon Felts as Cathodic Electrodes", Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 54(7), 2059-73, 2015
- Kogias, V. Zaspalis, "New MnZn-Ferrite with low losses at 500 kHz over a broad temperature range", Physics Procedia, 75, 1286-1293, 2015
- A. Stergiou, V. Zaspalis, "High frequency properties of ferrite/Fe-Si-Al alloy soft magnetic composites", 75, 1389-1395, 2015
- Chorbadzhiyska, M.Mitov, L.Nalbandian,Y.Hubenova, "Effect of the support material type on the electrocatalytic activity of Pd-Au electrodeposits in neutral electrolyte", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40(23), 7329-7334
- N. Nikolaidis, E. S. Kikkinides, M. C. Georgiadis, "Modelling and Simulation of Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) Processes for post-combustion Carbon Dioxide (CO2) capture from flue gas", Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 37, 287-292, 2015
- S. Kikkinides, P. A. Monson, "Dynamic density functional theory with hydrodynamic interactions: Theoretical development and application in the study of phase separation in gas-liquid systems", Journal of Chemical Physics, 142(9), Art. Nr. 094706, 2015
- A. Stergiou, A. Z. Stimoniaris, C. G. Delides, "Hybrid Nanocomposites With Organoclay and Carbon-Based Fillers for EMI Suppression", IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 57(3), 470-476, 2015
- Papastergiadis, S. Sklari, A. Zouboulis, A. Chasiotis, P. Samaras, "The use of steelmaking slag for sewage sludge stabilization", E. Papastergiadis, S. Sklari, A. Zouboulis, A. Chasiotis, P. Samaras, Desalination and Water Treatment, 55(7), 1697-1702, 2015
- V. Tsakaloudi, G. Kogias, V. Zaspalis, "Process and material parameters towards the design of fast firing cycles fast firing cycles for high permeability MnZn-ferrites", Journal of Alloys and Compounds 588, 222-227, 2014
- C. A. Stergiou, V. Zaspalis, "Analysis of the complex permeability of NiCuZn-ferrites up to 1GHz with regard to the Cu-content and sintering temperature", Ceramics International 20, 357-366. 2014
- V. Tsakaloudi, D. Holz, V. Zaspalis, "The effect of externally applied uniaxial compressive stress on the magnetic properties of MnZn-ferrites", Journal of Japan Society of Powder and Powder Metallurgy, 61(1),p.204, 2014
- G. Kogias, D. Holz, V. Zaspalis, "New MnZn Ferrites with High Saturation Flux Density", Journal of Japan Society of Powder and Powder Metallurgy. 61(1), p.201, 2014
- D.Holz, A. Pagana, V. Tsakaloudi, G. Kogias, V. Zaspalis, "Fundamentals of the Densification Mechanism of NiCuZn-Ferrites", Journal of Japan Society of Powder and Powder Metallurgy, 61(1), p.75, 2014
- L. Nalbandian, A. Evdou, D. Holz Z. Nikolaidou, V. Zaspalis, "Ferrites as RedOx Catalysts for Chemical Looping and Thermochemical Water Splitting Processes", Journal of Japan Society of Powder and Powder Metallurgy 61(1), p.173, 2014
- E. Eleftheriou, V. Tsakaloudi, G. Kogias, M. Zagorowska, V. Zaspalis, "Hexagonal Ferrite Materials for the Manufacturing of Very High Frequency (~95 GHz) Non Reciprocal Components", Journal of Japan Society of Powder and Powder Metallurgy 61(1), p.296, 2014
- V. T. Zaspalis, V. Tsakaloudi, G. Kogias, "Ceramic Magnetic Materials: Targeted Design for New Emerging Applications", European Physics Journal 75,04004, 2014
- E. Papastergiadis, S. Sklari, A. Zouboulis, A. Chasiotis, P. Samaras, "The use of steelmaking slag for sewage sludge stabilization", Desalination and Water Treatment, 51(25-27) (2014) 1-6
- V.J. Inglezakis, A.A. Zorpas, A. Karagiannidis, P. Samaras, I. Voukalli, S. Sklari, "European Union legislation on sewage sludge management", Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 23(2A), (2014) 635-639
- Kikkinides, E.S., Politis, M.G., "Linking pore diffusivity with macropore structure of zeolite adsorbents. Part I: Three dimensional structural representation combining scanning electron microscopy with stochastic reconstruction methods", Adsorption 20(1), 5-20, 2014
- Kikkinides, E.S., Politis, M.G., "Linking pore diffusivity with macropore structure of zeolite adsorbents. Part II: Simulation of pore diffusion and mercury intrusion in stochastically reconstructed zeolite adsorbents", Adsorption 20(1), 21-35, 2014
- V. Tsakaloudi, D. Holz, V. Zaspalis "The effect of uniaxial compressive stress on the magnetic properties of power MnZn-ferrites", Journal of Materials Science, 48, 3825-3833, 2013
- V. Tsakaloudi, D. Sakellari, E. Polychroniadis, V. Zaspalis, "Stress relaxation phenomena in NiCuZn-ferrites induced by annealing", Journal of Materials Science 48, 3692-3699, 2013
- K. Plakas, A. Karabelas, S. Sklari, V. Zaspalis, "Toward the development of a novel electro-fenton system for eliminating toxic organic substances from water. Part 1: In situ generation of hydrogen peroxide", Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research 52(39, 13948-13956, 2013
- S.D. Sklari, S. Szymanska, P. Samaras, V. T. Zaspalis, A.I. Zouboulis, "NanoMembraneWater: Development of Innovative Hybrid Processes for Contaminated Water Treatment using Nanoporous Membranes", Desalination and Water Treatment 51(25-27), 4938-4946, 2013
- E. Halevas, A. Malakopoulos, A. Delimitis, V. Zaspalis, G. Litsardakis, A. Salifoglou, "Manganese Oxychloride Modified Hydrophobic Silica Targets Removal of Nitrates from Water", Water Air Soil Pollution, 224, 1958-1970, 2013
- D. Koutsonikolas, S.P. Kaldis, G. Pantoleontos, V. Zaspalis, G. Sakellaropoulos, "Techno Economic Assessment of polymeric ceramic and metallic membranes integration", Chemical Engineering Transactions, 35, 715-720, 2013
- Guest editorial, P. Samaras, A.I. Zouboulis S.D. Sklari, Desalination and Water Treatment, 51(13-15) (2013) 2871
- Makridis, SS; Gkanas, EI; Panagakos, G; Kikkinides, ES; Stubos, AK; Wagener, P; Barcikowski, S., “Polymer-stable magnesium nanocomposites prepared by laser ablation for efficient hydrogen storage”, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY, Volume: 38(26), 11530-11535 (2013).
- Kogias, V. Tsakaloudi, P. Van der Valk, V. Zaspalis (2012) "Improvement of the properties of MnZn ferrite power cores through improvements on the microstructure of the compacts" Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 324, pp. 235-244
- Pantelis Kouvaris, Andreas Delimitis, Vassilis Zaspalis, Dimitrios Papadopoulos, Sofia A. Tsipas, Nikolaos Michailidis (2012) "Green synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles produced using arbutus unedo leaf extract" Materials Letters, 76, pp. 18-20
- Stergiou, Charalampos, Eleftheriou, Elena, Zaspalis, Vassilis (2012) "Enhancement of the near-field UHF RFID tags with ferrite substrates" IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 48(4), pp. 1497-1500
- Kalarus, G. Kogias, D. Holz, V.T. Zaspalis (2012) "High Permeability high frequency stable MnZn-ferrites" Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 324, pp. 2788-2794
- Koutsonikolas, S. Kaldis, V.T. Zaspalis, G.P. Sakellaropoulos (2012) "Potential Application of a Microporous Silica Membrane Reactor for Cyclohexane Dehydrogenation" International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 37, pp. 16302-16307
- Anagnostou, N. G., Makridis, S. S., Kikkinides, E. S., Christodoulou, CN; Stubos (2012) "Synthesis and Characterization of TiFe0.7-xMn0.3Vx (x=0.05, and 0.1) and Ti1-yTayFe0.7Mn0.3 (y=0.2, and 0.4) Nanostructured Metal Hydrides for Low Temperature Applications" JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY,12(12), pp. 9067-9075
- Pantoleontos, Grigorios, Kikkinides, Eustathios S., Georgiadis, Michael C. (2012) "A heterogeneous dynamic model for the simulation and optimisation of the steam methane reforming reactor" INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY, 37 (21), pp.16346-16358
- Koultoukis, E. D., Makridis, S. S., Roentzsch, L., Pavlidou; Ioannidou, A, Kikkinides, ES, Stubos, AΚ (2012) "Structural, Microchemistry, and Hydrogenation Properties of TiMn0.4Fe0.2V0.4, TiMn0.1Fe0.2V0.7 and Ti0.4Zr0.6Mn0.4Fe0.2V0.4 Metal Hydrides" JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY, 12(6), pp. 4688-4696
- D. Ntamitrou, A. Papakonstantinou, S. Sklari, P. Samaras (2012) "Evaluation of the operation performance of a municipal activated sludge unit" Desalination and Water Treatment, 39(1-3), pp. 271-277
- D. Sklari, P. Samaras, A.I. Zouboulis, A. Kungolos (2012) "Guest editorial" Desalination and Water Treatment, 39(1-3), pp. 190-191
- I. Chaidou, G. Pantoleontos, D. E. Koutsonikolas, S. P. Kaldis & G. P. Sakellaropoulos (2012) "Gas Separation Properties of Polyimide-Zeolite Mixed Matrix Membranes" Separation Science and Technology, 47 (7), pp. 950-962
- Pantoleontos, S. P. Kaldis, D. Koutsonikolas, G. Skodras & G. P. Sakellaropoulos (2012) "Analytical and numerical solutions of the mass continuity equation in the lumen side of a hollow-fiber membrane contactor with linear or nonlinear boundary conditions" Chemical Engineering Communications, 197 (5) , pp. 709-732
- Nalbandian L., Evdou A., Zaspalis V. (2011), "La(1-x)Sr(x)M(y)Fe(1-y)O(3-delta) perovskites as oxygen-carrier materials for chemical-looping reforming", INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY, 36 (11), pp 6657-6670
- Pagana A.E., Sklari S.D., Kikkinides E.S. Zaspalis V.T. (2011), "Combined adsorption-permeation membrane process for the removal of chromium (III) ions from contaminated water", JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE, 367 (1-2), pp 319-324
- Kikkinides E.S. (2011), "Design and optimization of hydrogen storage units using advanced solid materials: General mathematical framework and recent developments" COMPUTERS & CHEMICAL ENGINEERING, 35 (9) Special Issue: SI, pp 1923-1936
- Kikkinides E.S., Kainourgiakis M.E., Yiotis A.G., Stubos A.K. (2011) "A Boltzmann Method for Non Ideal Gases Based on the Gradient Theory of Interfaces", Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 29, pp 1598–1602
- Evdou, V. Zaspalis, L. Nalbandian. “La1−xSrxFeO3−δ perovskites as redox materials for application in a membrane reactor for simultaneous production of pure hydrogen and synthesis gas” Fuel V: 89 (6) P:1265-1273 2010
- Tsakaloudi, V.T. Zaspalis “Tailoring the temperature characteristics of the magnetic permeability of NiZn ferrites” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials V: 322 (5), P: 517-522 2010
- Koutsonikolas, S.P. Kaldis, S.D. Sklari, G. Pantoleontos, V.T. Zaspalis, G.P. Sakellaropoulos “Preparation of highly selective silica membranes on defect-free γ-Al2O3 membranes using a low temperature CVI technique” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials V: 132 (1-2), P: 276-281 2010
- Kikkinides ES, Kainourgiakis ME, Yiotis AG, et al. “Lattice Boltzmann method for Lennard-Jones fluids based on the gradient theory of interfaces” PHYSICAL REVIEW E V: 82 (5) No: 056705 Part 2 2010
- Yiotis AG, Kainourgiakis ME, Kikkinides ES, et al. “Application of the Lattice-Boltzmann method to the modeling of population blob dynamics in 2D porous domains” COMPUTERS & MATHEMATICS WITH APPLICATIONSV: 59 (7) P: 2315-2325 2010
- Sakellari, V. Tsakaloudi, V. Zaspalis, E.K. Polychroniadis, (2009). “The influence of the synthesis conditions of NiCuZn Ferrites on their microscopic homogeneity”. Defects and Diffusion Forum, 283-286, 483-486
- Nalbandian, A. Evdou, V. Zaspalis, (2009). “La1-xSrxMO3(M=Mn,Fe) perovskites as materials for thermochemical hydrogen production in conventional and membrane reactors”. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 34 (17), 7162-7172
- Evdou, L. Nalbandian, V. Zaspalis, (2009). “Perovskite membrane reactor for continuous and isothermal redox hydrogen production from the dissociation of water” Journal of Membrane Science, 334, (1-2), 148
- Constantinos A. Krokos, Dragan Nikolic, Eustathios S. Kikkinides, Michael C. Georgiadis, Athanasios K. Stubos, (2009). “Modelling and optimization of multi-tubular metal hydride beds for efficient hydrogen storage”. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 34 (22), 9128-9140
- Michael C. Georgiadis, Efstathios S. Kikkinides, Sofoklis S. Makridis, Konstantinos Kouramas, Efstratios N. Pistikopoulos, (2009). “Design and Optimization of Advanced Materials and Processes for Efficient Hydrogen storage”. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 26, 183-188
- Michael C. Georgiadis, Eustathios S. Kikkinides, Sofoklis S. Makridis, Konstantinos Kouramas, Efstratios N. Pistikopoulos, (2009). “Design and optimization of advanced materials and processes for efficient hydrogen storage”. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 33 (5), 1077-1090
- Evdou, V. Zaspalis, L. Nalbandian, (2009). “La1-xSrxFeO3-δperovskites as redox materials for application in a membrane reactor for simultaneous production of pure hydrogen and synthesis gas”. Fuel, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 9 October 2009
- Sklari, E.S. Kikkinides, T. Steriotis, V.T. Zaspalis, in M.G. Buonomenna and G. Golemme (Eds.). “Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of ceramic porous membranes for gas separation”, Advanced materials for membrane preparation, e-Book, Bentham Science Publishers
- Kikkinides E.S., “Microstructure Representations for the Simulation of Physicochemical Processes in Porous Media”, in Progress in Porous Media Research, Editors: Kong Shuo Tian and He-Jing Shu, Novascience, (ISBN 978-1-60692-435-8), 2009
- Eleftheriou, V. Tsakaloudi, G. Kogias, P. van der Valk, V. Zaspalis, “New high-frequency hexagonal ferrite materials i)900 MHz RFID Antennas, ii) 94 GHz non-reciprocal devices”, IEEE Trans. Magn., special issue, vol.13, p.1-6, 2009
Doctoral Dissertations and Diploma Thesis
In Progress or Completed