BIOECO-R.D.I.: BIO–ECOnomy Research Driven Innovation
The ADRION region has relevant unexploited potential of biomass from agricultural, fisheries and forestry waste and residues. The enterprises operating in such sectors are suffering serious delays in the green reconversion, multi-functioning, technology innovation and cross-sectoral integration. In this perspective, the BIO-Economy represents a common smart specialization priority.
BIOECO-RDI aims at developing a Regional Innovation System for the Adriatic-Ionian area based on a structured bio-economy sector though the development of Research Driven Innovation (R.D.I.) strategy at regional and transnational level.
BIOECO-RDI will improve the situation:
– creating a collaborative network among ADRION regions, enterprises and academia for collaborative research, knowledge transfer and skills’ development
– supporting the enterprises and clusters in the transition process towards an industrial model with higher level of innovation and international collaboration
– boosting the integration between Green- chemistry and Agro-food clusters according to the circular economy approach
– creating an Adriatic-Ionian bio-based product market
– bridging the gap among the existing wide regional disparities
– activating a mutual learning process among regions with different levels of R.D.I. and bioeconomy business maturity
Project main outputs:
-BIOECO-RDI regional and international strategies supporting regions in increasing bioeconomy RDI level and cluster maturity
Thanks to the full implementation of those outputs, it will be possible to integrate in a unique and consistent process, regions living different steps in the process of creation of a regional bio-economy.
This process guarantees to the enterprises of the ADRION area to operate in a more advanced and integrated market, and to regional and national policy makers the needed support to develop effective policies based on a circular economy approach.
Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH) (partner since 11/2019) / Greece
Region of Western Macedonia (RWM) (partner until 10/2019) / Greece
Regional Agency for the Economic Development of Umbria (Sviluppumbria) / Italy
Confindustria Umbria (Confindustria) / Italy,
National Institute of Chemistry (NIC) / Slovenia,
Ruđer Bošković Institute (RBI) / Croatia,
Regional Agency for the Development of Small and Medium Size Enterprises, Alma Mons Ltd. Novi Sad / Serbia
Chamber of Commerce and Industry Tirana (CCIT) / Albania.
This project is supported by the Interreg ADRION Programme funded under the European Regional Development Fund and IPA II fund.
Project Duration: 01-01-2018 – 31-12-2020
Total budget: EUR 1,358,801.35
Chrysovalantis Ketikidis | Panagiotis Grammelis
4th km. Ptolemais – Bodosakeio Hospital,
502 00 Ptolemais, Greece
Tel.:+30 2463 0 55300 (ext. 0203),
Fax:+30 2463 0 55301
The project is also available at the following link