The NRRE Laboratory is one of the founding research units of CPERI, established in 1985.
Technological targets of applied and basic research at NRRE include development and optimization of :
- Advanced processes for desalination, potable water purification, waste-water treatment and reuse; membrane and hybrid membrane – advanced oxidation processes.
- Novel membrane processes for a broad spectrum of industrial separations; i.e., removal of pollutants from effluents, and recovery of valuable products from agricultural residues and industrial byproducts.
- Tools for assessment and mitigation of environmental pollution and its effects, focused on human health impact and related monitoring.
- Methods for utilization of renewable energies, including geothermal energy exploitation, as well as solar energy utilization for water treatment and desalination.
- Multi-phase processes, including packed beds, heat exchangers, separation,flocculation and dispersion equipment
Initial stage of crystalline deposit formation on RO membranes